- How To Get Into Your Dream School!
Many students these days are both well-rounded and academic achievers with dreams of getting admission into a good college. You just have to visit a Lynbrook or a Monta Vista high school to observe this phenomenon first hand. » read more
- The ugly truth about India's caste system
[Book extract] History may tell us why the exclusion came to be, but the question - as was famously said - is how to change it. » read more
- Man getting 5 years in jail for sharing nude video of ex shows India is waking up to revenge porn
While there is no specific law against it, a range of legal provisions exist to help the victim. » read more
- Why PM Modi's March 8 event is a lesson on how not to celebrate women empowerment
It was the best example of mansplaining and patriarchy at work in the guise of feminism. » read more
- From child artist to formidable veteran, how Sridevi has ruled hearts for five decades
What's remarkable is Sridevi never had a godfather in any industry, and rose to the top on versatility, commitment and sheer hard work. » read more
- 'Bura Maano, Holi Hai': Why the Festival Is No Excuse to Violate Women's Consent
There is no getting away from it - Holi perpetuates rape culture like no other festival. » read more
- Exam Question Asks Students to Explain Why HRD Minister Was Wrong on Darwin
It is to the credit of those who framed the question that they believed Satyapal Singh's comment was so wrong that calling it out was worth two marks only. » read more
- Why India's political elite can't accept AAP's grassroots politics
Arvind Kejriwal and his party have faced many challenges, but they are here to stay.
By Kamal Mitra Chenoy » read more
- India Inc's Recent Scams Turn In-Laws into Outlaws
Marriage arrangements help ensure that control over capital doesn't go out of the community. » read more
- Nirav Modi, the man behind India's biggest bank heist, exposes us as a society
The new capitalism seems an alliance of desire, sexuality, spirituality and finance. » read more
- How Nirav Modi exposes Narendra Modi
PM had us believe that even as a child he was bringing home crocodiles from the river.
By Dushyant » read more
- First-Generation Born Indian Revolutionizing College Admissions In The USA
To make me realize the importance of education, my dad would tell me stories about his youth, such as when he had to walk through snow for miles just to get to the school... » read more
- Who is Nirav Choksi?
Nirav Choksi, a name the who's who of Mumbai had on their speed dial, designed and manufactured customised jewellery for the rich and famous all over the world. » read more
- My thoughts on Padmaavat
By Rishi Ravuri
Padmaavat divides us at a time when we need to be most united. » read more
- Making sense of a four letter word 'love'
True love can be healed. It reinvents itself. It revives. Love is an empty house you move into. Love isn't always a good home. » read more
- The problem with Modi attacking Congress when he travels overseas
PM is repeatedly using diaspora meetings as partisan events, not as an occasion to reach out to all Indians living abroad. » read more
- Oakland Ballet Company
Combining Tradition with Innovation. Oakland Ballet Company, one of the Bay Area's oldest dance companies, will celebrate a great milestone in 2018 » read more
- Why we all need to be scared about the Indian economy?
Budget 2018 was a lost opportunity for the Modi government.
Now that finance minister Arun Jaitley has presented his government's last full Budget, it is imperative to examine the prominent trends of the Indian economy.
» read more
- When will Modi government admit they've made a mess of Indian economy?
Why is it that so many people are worried about the economy even as the Modi government insists everything is "under control". » read more
- WHAT SATYA NADELLA CAN TEACH US
The old binaries of education need to be revisited, interconnecting knowledge and people into networks of creativity is fundamental
By Shiv Vishwanathan » read more